VFYCHAINSection: NSS Security Tools (1)
Updated: 5 June 2014
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEvfychain_ - vfychain [options] [revocation options] certfile [[options] certfile] ...
The verification Tool, vfychain, verifies certificate chains. modutil can add and delete PKCS #11 modules, change passwords on security databases, set defaults, list module contents, enable or disable slots, enable or disable FIPS 140-2 compliance, and assign default providers for cryptographic operations. This tool can also create certificate, key, and module security database files.
- the following certfile is base64 encoded
- Validate date (default: now)
- database directory
- Enable cert fetching from AIA URL
- Set policy OID for cert validation(Format OID.1.2.3)
Use PKIX Library to validate certificate by calling:
* CERT_VerifyCertificate if specified once,
* CERT_PKIXVerifyCert if specified twice and more.
- Following certfile is raw binary DER (default)
- Following cert is explicitly trusted (overrides db trust)
- 0=SSL client, 1=SSL server, 2=SSL StepUp, 3=SSL CA, 4=Email signer, 5=Email recipient, 6=Object signer, 9=ProtectedObjectSigner, 10=OCSP responder, 11=Any CA
- Trust both explicit trust anchors (-t) and the database. (Without this option, the default is to only trust certificates marked -t, if there are any, or to trust the database if there are certificates marked -t.)
- Verbose mode. Prints root cert subject(double the argument for whole root cert info)
- Database password
- Password file
Revocation options for PKIX API (invoked with -pp options) is a collection of the following flags: [-g type [-h flags] [-m type [-s flags]] ...] ...
- Sets status checking test type. Possible values are "leaf" or "chain"
-g test type
- Sets status checking test type. Possible values are "leaf" or "chain".
-h test flags
- Sets revocation flags for the test type it follows. Possible flags: "testLocalInfoFirst" and "requireFreshInfo".
-m method type
- Sets method type for the test type it follows. Possible types are "crl" and "ocsp".
-s method flags
- Sets revocation flags for the method it follows. Possible types are "doNotUse", "forbidFetching", "ignoreDefaultSrc", "requireInfo" and "failIfNoInfo".
For information about NSS and other tools related to NSS (like JSS), check out the NSS project wiki at m[blue]http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/m. The NSS site relates directly to NSS code changes and releases.
Mailing lists: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-crypto
The NSS tools were written and maintained by developers with Netscape, Red Hat, Sun, Oracle, Mozilla, and Google.
Licensed under the Mozilla Public License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.
Mozilla NSS bug 836477
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:12 GMT, December 24, 2015