RDATESection: Red Hat (1)
Updated: May 2001
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMErdate - get the time via the network
SYNOPSISrdate [-p] [-s] [-u] [-l] [-t sec] [host...]
DESCRIPTIONrdate connects to an RFC 868 time server over a TCP/IP network, printing the returned time and/or setting the system clock.
- Print the time returned by the remote machine.
- Set the system time to the returned time.
- Use UDP instead of TCP as the transport.
- Use syslog to output errors (cron.warning) and output (cron.info).
- Set timeout in seconds for every attempt to retreive date.
- 2004-03-16 Johan Nilsson <[email protected]>
- Timeout support added.
- 2002-11-06 Elliot Lee <[email protected]>
- Patch from Tomek Orzechowski <[email protected]> - alarm(10) to not wait forever for connections.
- 2001-05-23 Phil Knirsch <[email protected]>
- Added UDP protocol support. Close the connection after message handling in conformance to RFC 868.
- 2002-03-07 Elliot Lee <[email protected]>
- Add syslog functionality.
- 2000-02-04 Elliot Lee <[email protected]>
Wrote it (previous incarnation had license problems, all 200 lines of it).
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:09 GMT, December 24, 2015