CSPLITSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: June 2012
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEcsplit - split a file into sections determined by context lines
SYNOPSIScsplit [OPTION]... FILE PATTERN...
Output pieces of FILE separated by PATTERN(s) to files `xx00', `xx01', ..., and output byte counts of each piece to standard output.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -b, --suffix-format=FORMAT
- use sprintf FORMAT instead of %02d
- -f, --prefix=PREFIX
- use PREFIX instead of `xx'
- -k, --keep-files
- do not remove output files on errors
- -n, --digits=DIGITS
- use specified number of digits instead of 2
- -s, --quiet, --silent
- do not print counts of output file sizes
- -z, --elide-empty-files
- remove empty output files
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
Read standard input if FILE is -. Each PATTERN may be:
- copy up to but not including specified line number
- copy up to but not including a matching line
- skip to, but not including a matching line
- repeat the previous pattern specified number of times
- repeat the previous pattern as many times as possible
AUTHORWritten by Stuart Kemp and David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSReport csplit bugs to [email protected]
GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/>
Report csplit translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for csplit is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and csplit programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info coreutils aqcsplit invocationaq
should give you access to the complete manual.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:29:02 GMT, December 24, 2015